Learning The Dolch Word Part 2

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhxC-BPqlZGLRrtLzebj1qIiSj-d4JxcIhhCxBYwcAb4yQSKmbyNVO73ddsh5genz9m299E8VUugHMBHmWkAnNVl5rUF2-LZSem-avJv3PHAowVj8EtxA-e6NCx_48ge7CsgCl91j-p3ORF/s1600/das.png
Many of the 220 Dolch words can’t be “sounded out” using common sound-to-letter implicit phonics patterns and have to be learned by sight; hence the alternative term, “sight word."
If you missed our first Dolch Word session, you can check it here
Here 's the second set of words:
"me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you, all, am, are, at"
After reading the words repeatedly, let's see if Milzon can pronounce the words properly.



He was able to memorized those words easily and now let's check if he can spell those words correctly. Let your kids spell the words in random order. I added the 2 misspelled words from our first quiz (Down and Little)
Tadah! Aside from his "HENmanship" he committed many mistakes this time. He was able to spell the word "Little" correctly which means I can now eliminate this word in our next spelling quiz. However, he failed with the "Down" word again.
Other misspelled words Where - wehre , You - Yuo, Yellow - Yellw, Three- Trre, One- Onu.
Never scold your kids by the way. Scolding will keep their motivations away. You should support them instead. Correct their mistakes in a right manner.
****
Anyway, Milzon has an assignment today, His teacher gave him set of words to memorize. I bet they will have a spelling quiz tomorrow.
(Milzon's notes) He's really messy don't yah think haha. I think I see Mirasol in him when she was just in Grade school. Anyway, wish us luck.
****
We will post a new Cosplay craft in our next post. Cheers! Hapy blogging everyone.



1 comment:

Alice Law said...

How I wish you are my neighbour, so tht I can send Juan Juan to you, lol! Good job to you and well done Milzon!

Picasion.Com





best blogger tips